MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Due Diligence Analyst II Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Due Diligence Analyst II is responsible for conducting due diligence research and evaluating initial application of agents or sub-agents as part of the agent on-boarding process. This includes conducting due diligence research at the time of application and working with outside vendors to decision risk. The Due Diligence Analyst II is the first line of defense in protecting MGI from forming business relationships with agents who are or have been involved in illegal activities or behavior. The incumbent may be required to develop and deliver high level trainings to MoneyGram employees as needed. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge on emerging regulations that may potentially impact the Due Diligence process.
- Compiles background information and performs background checks on individuals and businesses by evaluating submitting information to third party vendors and data gathered.
- Conducts internal and external research regarding regulatory risk.
- Evaluates new and existing agent applications based on risk to the organization and complete and document a summary of research.
- Interacts with internal and external partners as needed to research and resolve an application.
- May develop and administer presentations and trainings on an as needed basis to both internal and external parties.
- May maintain up to date knowledge on emerging regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of internal policies and procedures and the adherence thereof.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: BA/BS degree
- 2+ years' experience.
- Applicable certifications i.e. CAMS, CFE, etc.
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make quick, yet sound decisions, and communicate negative and adverse messages professionally.
- Excellent PC Skills, including Internet Research, Microsoft Excel, Access, Word.
- Ability to learn new database applications.
- English language required.