Due Diligence Analyst III
MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Due Diligence Analyst III performs as the subject matter expert for the Due Diligence area. The
incumbent will conduct due diligence research and decision, medium and high risk applications of agents or sub-agents as part of the agent on-boarding process, as well as ongoing remediation and special projects such as vendors, grant recipients or when required by senior management. The Due Diligence Analyst III will also conduct due diligence investigation at the time of contract renewal or when there is a material change in ownership or business name change. This position is the first line of defense in protecting MGI from forming business relationships with agents who are or have been involved in illegal activities or behavior. Additionally, the Analyst III will field questions from the team, conduct demonstrations, review specialty applications, and assign �rush� work as needed.
- Compiles background information and performs background checks on individuals and businesses by evaluating data gathered.
- Conducts internal and external research regarding regulatory risk.
- Decisions new and existing agent applications based on risk to the organization.
- Completes and documents a summary of research and decision-making.
- Performs as the Subject Matter Expert, including: demonstrations, reviewing specialty applications, answering questions, and assigning work as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of internal policies and procedures and the adherence thereof.
- Tracks work internally for individual and team operational performance.
- Interacts with internal and external partners as needed to research and resolve applications.
- Assess business ownership infrastructure and identify risks, documenting findings, ensuring that senior management is apprised of key issues, risks, and the appropriate monitoring to mitigate risk.
- Decisions new and existing agent applications based on risk to the organization and complete and document a summary of research and decision-making.
- Effectively implements and adhere to process improvements set forth by the due diligence management pertaining to compliance policies, operational procedures, and training materials.
- Tracks work internally for individual and team operational performance.
- Interacts with internal and external partners as needed to research and resolve an application.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: BA in business, law enforcement, legal studies, accounting or related field
- Continuous education/learning of both domestic and international AML industry standards/regulations
- 5+ years of work experience in due diligence or fraud investigations.
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to employ tact and to appropriately adjust communications when interacting with individuals at varying levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated investigative and analytical skills � ability to find, evaluate risk-based information from internal and external sources.
- Demonstrated ability to make quick, yet sound decisions, and communicate negative and adverse messages professionally.
- Excellent PC Skills, including Internet Research, Microsoft Excel, Access, Word; ability to learn new database applications.
- Demonstrate ability to make quick, yet sound decisions, and communicate negative and adverse messages professionally.
- Knowledge of International, Federal and/or State anti-money laundering compliance, preferred
- Fluent bilingual communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with a culturally diverse agent base, preferred.