As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
IT Analyst III/Linux Administrator
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The IT Analyst III acts as liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for change to business processes and information systems. The incumbent understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Maintain and monitor Linux Operating Systems, Servers, Storage, Data Backups and other related equipment or software.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues and incidents.
- Participate in escalated incident management and solving problems in a cross team environment.
- Coordinate and implement change management requests.
- Participate in the development and implementation of server patching and infrastructure releases.
- Assist in monthly maintenance and patching of PROD, QA and DEV environments (BladeLogic experience is a plus).
- Administration of monitoring/alerting solutions like Dynatrace
- Linux server deployment.
- Coordinates all aspects of testing activities and owning the quality of projects.
- Proactively contributes, offers recommendations, and identifies risks and solutions associated with proposed or existing software applications strategies.
- Works with internal and external business users and developers to assist with the implementation of new clients.
- Conducts business process analysis/design, needs assessments and cost benefit analysis related to the impact on the business.
- Defines business needs, translating those needs into system requirements and clearly defining the scope of the solution.
- Identifies and communicates requirement/scope issues and takes lead in driving these to resolution for inclusion in the specifications or stories involving the right parties to resolve problems.
- Evaluates and participates in solution alternatives with application development teams while ensuring business solutions meet corporate standards.
- Negotiates technical and non-technical solutions that satisfy the business users and conforms to the technical architecture.
- Evaluates and makes recommendation to improve organizational effectiveness that may reduce cost.
- Gathers, consolidates and refines data to publish executive, operational, and management level reporting and analysis.
- Uses data mining techniques to interrogate diverse business systems to locate, relate and filter data to give valuable insight to efficiency and effectiveness of business practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent degree and/or experience
- 5+ years' experience as an IT analyst, with multiple application platforms and solutions knowledge.
- 2-6 years of IT experience focusing on Linux.
- Solid experience in Linux monitoring and ensuring overall systems health.
- Good knowledge of Linux services, i.e. Apache, Samba, NFS, LDAP.
- Automation knowledge with Bash scripting or scripting language (Python, Perl etc.)
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Able to act decisively and make sound and timely decisions in the face of uncertainty and with limited information.
- Demonstrated ability to break down and analyze technical and/or functional problems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to provide solutions to technical and non-technical problems.
- Demonstrated ability to create solutions and ideas that add value; accepts ownership, takes the initiative and assumes responsibility for self and team.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to appropriately tailor communications to the size and nature of the audience, including business and technical personnel.
- Open to change; able and willing to take on and learn additional and different responsibilities.
- Demonstrates strong facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Role specific experience and technologies, preferred.
- Red Hat certificates relevant to position responsibilities, preferred.