As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
IT Ops Monitoring Analyst II with SolarWinds
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
- Growth Mindset
“What drew me to MoneyGram was the opportunity to work in an entirely different vertical—Financial Services, and to leverage my technical background and knowledge. I’ve learned to be successful at MoneyGram, collaboration is key. It is much easier to be successful and productive working together cross functionally than it is to work within a singular team. Different perspectives, skillsets and objectives will create better solutions in the long run.”Veronica Larson, Head of IT Service Management
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Monitoring Operations Analyst II will be working as part of the IT Operations team to maintain and implement system and performance monitoring. This person will understand the overall SolarWinds Monitoring architecture and implement monitoring systems and rules to proactively prevent downtime and performance issues.
- Manage various operational requests and troubleshoot issues.
- Work closely with the NOC to ensure monitoring systems are used effectively.
- Work with IT teams to help them define appropriate needs and alerts for their environments.
- Document processes and changes within the environment.
- Maintain and document system configuration as well as all ongoing moves and changes within monitoring environment.
- Create maps of statewide functional areas.
- Create an inventory of all current devices being monitored, all alerts and dashboards currently configured, on SolarWinds.
- Work with IT teams and the systems architects to help them understand performance bottlenecks in applications.
- Identify potential performance and process improvements.
- Create management packs & object groups.
- Plan and implement monitoring projects.
- Evaluate monitoring and performance monitoring systems and implement chosen systems.
- Be able to troubleshoot all installed software modules.
- Working with multiple teams to create their SolarWinds Environments.
- Provide administration and expertise in use of Orion SolarWinds software platform.
- Review monitoring requirements and provide recommendations for changes to SolarWinds.
- Enable devices and applications for monitoring in SolarWinds.
- Develop, support and manage reports within SolarWinds.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in supporting network team environment or
- Experience in supporting server team environment
- Minimum of 2-4 years in Information Technology, with focus on engineering and operations.
- Candidate must have experience in configuring, deploying, and maintaining large SolarWinds environment consisting of 5+ polling engines.
- Hands-on experience analyzing, supporting, and creating monitoring rules/methods within an enterprise monitoring environment.
- Experience configuring, deploying, and maintaining large SolarWinds environments.
- Experience working in Amazon Web Service environment.
- Experience in large scale production environment.
- Experience in ticketing system (preferable ServiceNow).
- Good knowledge of MS Excel program.
- Experience with SolarWinds monitoring tool.
- Experience creating dashboards, custom views, metrics, and alerts in the SolarWinds Dashboard Tool.
- Experience configuring and maintaining NPM Network Performance Monitor, NCM Network Configuration Manager, and NTA NetFlow Traffic Analyzer.
- Experience configuring and maintaining SAM Server & Application Monitor, IPAM IP Address Manager, SRM Storage Resource Monitor.
- Experience configuring and maintaining APE - Additional Polling Engine and VMAN Virtualization Manager.
- Experience configuring and maintaining VNQM - VoIP & Network Quality Manager and WPM - Web Performance Monitor.
- SolarWinds Certified Professional (SCP).
- SolarWinds stack will be comprehensive of the following modules:
NPM Network Performance Monitor
NCM Network Configuration Manager
NTA NetFlow Traffic Analyzer
SAM Server & Application Monitor
IPAM IP Address Manager
SRM Storage Resource Monitor
APE Additional Polling Engine
VMAN Virtualization Manager
VNQM VoIP & Network Quality Manager
WPM Web Performance Monitor
- Possibility to grow and develop continuously in a friendly and international environment.
- Cross-functional trainings and possibility to gain expertise in accordance with your strengths and skillset.
- Social benefits: private medical health insurance, MultiSport card, social fund, holiday allowance, occasional packages for employees and children, social events.