Payroll Analyst IIIApply
The Payroll Analyst III is a key Payroll Team member responsible for delivering multi country payrolls, through developing procedures for and supervising the preparation, documentation, and disbursement of all payrolls, payroll taxes, and employee benefit payments. The incumbent is a major subject matter expert on all items related to Payroll Taxes and Tim and Attendance, who provides guidance for the rest of the team on a day-to-day basis as needed. The incumbent accurately processes all inputs to the payroll process. Responds to payroll related inquiries from third party agencies, as needed. The incumbent will also identify process improvement opportunities and drives implementation with the team and with the business if needed. The Payroll Analyst III will assist with various project implementations including Time and Attendance system(s), and new Payroll systems Works with the external Providers as an escalation point, reviews SLAs and provides improvement initiatives. Provides legal guidance to Payroll provider related to any new salary items and deductions. Makes sure the global standards are implemented across all payrolls in scope. Reviews treasury processes and third party remittances (tax agencies, regulatory agencies, benefits/insurance vendors, etc.) so that payments and pay checks are delivered on time and accurately. Provides relevant cost reporting and identifies cost cutting opportunities for the company.
- Audits data inputs for accuracy and makes any necessary corrections.
- Reviews gross-to-net reports for accuracy and submits results to manager for sign off to ensure pay slips are accurate and all audit controls including but not limited to SOX controls are met.
- Makes sure the direct reports follow the relevant controls.
- Identifies the needs for new wage type creation based on various business driven projects and provides tax and social security advice to Payroll provider in order to set up the wage type in accordance with the local legislation.
- Proactively challenges the Payroll provider if the local legislation is not adhered to throughout payroll calculations.
- Works closely with the chosen legal advisory company in order to receive the relevant advice.
- Periodically reviews the SLAs of the Payroll provider and points out where they do not meet MoneyGram requirements.
- Works with the Payroll provider to identify continuous improvement opportunities and to rectify any Payroll related issues.
- Controls the invoices from Payroll provider. Requests for any additional services if required.
- Answers complex employee and manager queries through telephone or email communications by identifying issues, researching problems, troubleshooting root cause, and taking corrective actions in order to ensure accurate payroll and high customer satisfaction.
- Reviews and responds to complex regulatory agency inquiries such as tax agency report requests, third party garnishments, etc.
- Takes necessary steps to fulfill requirements to ensure company’s payroll processes and procedures are in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Provides cost reports in the given area and identifies cost cutting opportunities which the business can use. Provides proactive advisory to the business related to Payroll costs, Personal Income Tax and Social Security. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages payroll related projects, such as new provider implementation, Time and Attendance implementation, other improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years Payroll experience in one or more country payrolls.
- Experience using dashboard generating tools and incident tracking tools for HR metrics.
- Change management or project management experience.
- Customer service experience desirable (also internal customers).
- Experience in managing 3rd party payroll provider (or any 3rd party providers) desirable.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of English and one of the following languages: Polish, French, German, Italian, Spanish.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of payroll processes/systems and ability to create SOX compliant payroll procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of Payroll related legislation (tax, social security, labour law) in one or more countries.
- Ability to prioritize work to ensure customers are satisfied and systems are up and running at all times.
- Ability to analyze business and technical processes and determine ways for efficiency.
- Ability to work effectively in an SLA based model while maintaining high degrees of attention to detail, accuracy and poise under pressure.
- Ability to work with a collaborative work style and effectively handle employee inquires.
- Ability to implement new regulations and/or applications quickly and effectively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and/or sensitive business information.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs