Project Manager II (Fixed-term contract)Apply
The Project Manager II is responsible for the design, development and implementation of projects. Specific job functions include interfacing with internal and external resources to ensure successful completion of projects, analyzing project requests, requirements and feasibility; participates in projects through completion. The incumbent is required to develop specific requirements for changes to systems and the development of necessary procedure changes and process flow changes to support the project. Provides communication and training as needed. The Project Manager II will also independently manage multiple small projects as assigned. The incumbent will also provide analysis to help understand the projects potential impacts on the day to day operations.
- Manages activities associated with a project, ensuring that business solutions are delivered on time, within budget, and meet corporate standards.
- Creates, revises and maintains project and resource plans, as well as schedules and budgets required to meet project requirements.
- Communicates effectively and consistently with all project team members.
- Escalates issues quickly and appropriately to appropriate designee.
- Ensures successful deployment of product/service, including internal implementation and business readiness activities for external launch.
- Actively manages and leads project teams to execute projects, demonstrating sound judgment, critical thinking skills, leadership and a sense of urgency.
- Initiates and actively facilitates team meetings and issue resolution involving the right parties to resolve problems.
- Ensures adherence to standard project time reporting, quality practices and audit compliance.
- Analyzes and communicates project or program status using standard and specific project management analysis techniques for budget and schedule variance.
- Maintains and keeps up to date all project relevant budget, schedule, and resource information.
- Ensures the completion of standard project communications and deliverables such as project charters, issue logs, risk management and implementation plans.
- Analyzes current and new project management processes and procedures to identify the most efficient and inexpensive ways to complete projects to meet the business and stakeholder objectives.
- Participates in either formal or informal education on project management practices at MGI and in the industry.
- Establishes and maintains a strong partnership with internal customers to fully understand the business and their business needs.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to improve organizational effectiveness and customer service, reduce costs and provide a competitive advantage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ years' documentable project management experience.
- Proven project management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to gather and interpret customer/end-user requirements.
- Ability to establish working relationships across business lines and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage change and priorities and coordinate/realign project resources as necessary.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to facilitate identification and resolution of project risks and issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to create ad-hoc reports/queries to support internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of SQL- database, preferred.
- Accounting/financial analysis experience, preferred.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs