Settlement Specialist IIApply
The Settlement Specialist II is responsible for the monetary movement and reconciliation of all partner related financial obligations such as: daily settlement activity, adjustments, open receipts, commissions, pre-funds and installment settlement processing. In addition to standard accounts receivable and settlement tasks, the Settlement Specialist II handles specialized remittance methods and complex reconciliation issues requiring strong analytical skills and advanced research capabilities. The incumbent also provides settlement and reconciliation support to Partner Servicing to ensure effective and efficient service is being provided through timely resolution of partner A/R issues.
- Reconciles all AR activity, which includes the following but not limited to:
- match/remit exceptions
- unpaid settlements
- intra-day remit monitoring
- create and approve manual transactions
- create and approve adjustments to General Ledger
- create receipt transactions.
- Adheres to and reports on internal control requirements and department metrics related to the following but not limited to:
- aged NSF’s
- A/R aging – credit memos, invoices, receipts, settlements
- aged remit exceptions
- aged unpaid settlements
- prepaid aged held items (MO)
- true prepaid items (MO).
- Escalates to Client Services any remittance and reconciliation issues requiring partner interaction for resolution.
- Executes the movement of funds based on direction from Servicing Specialists upon review and approval of request.
- Escalates events with potential partner impacts such as; suspected fraud activity, potential system issues, reporting discrepancies, partner disputes, etc.
- Assists management in discussions with internal/external areas, (sales, credit, legal) by providing input and direction to partner settlement and remittance matters.
- Performs special projects or other duties as assigned:
- supports requests for information from internal management, internal and external auditors
- assists with internal and departmental documentation, as requested
- Participates in UAT testing related to new products or existing product system or process changes.
- HS Diploma/GED
- BA/BS in accounting or related field or equivalent experience – preferred.
- 1+ years in accounting or related field.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Resourceful researching skills with the ability to take ownership of issues and drive resolution.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely while utilizing active listening skills with a culturally diverse agent base.
- Ability to handle stress or conflict during conversations with agents/internal customers with poise and resilience.
- Bi-Lingual and foreign currency experience, favorable.
- Ability to innovate and improve work processes.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs