Sr Compliance QA Analyst
MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Senior Compliance Quality Assurance Analyst plays a crucial role by ensuring compliance with regulatory expectations and internal policies and procedures. Incumbents in this role are responsible for assessing advanced reviews or investigations conducted by different compliance groups (e.g. Agent Oversight and Actions, Global Due Diligence, Transaction Monitoring and Reporting, and Financial Intelligence Unit) to ensure procedural adherence, supportable case disposition (where applicable), adequacy of research and analysis, mitigation actions, documentation/record keeping, and management oversight.
Additional responsibilities will include providing support by actively analyzing error trends and identifying process/procedure gaps or areas of improvement and to actively contribute to the creation, implementation, and the monitoring of operational processes and procedures, training materials, reference guides, or support documentation as needed to mitigate the risk of fraud and money laundering.
- Perform quality assurance assessments in accordance with AML/CFT, regulatory, Fraud prevention policies and departmental procedures within established time frames and identifies instances where a decision to file a SAR or clear a case were inadequate and ensures proper action is taken, including verifying the proper amendment of SARs or additional agent and consumer level mitigating actions.
- Document the results of QA assessments in accordance with applicable record keeping guidelines.
- Provide targeted training and guidance on proper procedural implementation, decision-making, adequacy of mitigation actions, documentation/record keeping, etc.
- Identifies opportunities for enhancement in the scoring methodology, documentation of feedback and follow up processes.
- Actively support managers and supervisors with performance management, assisting in error trend analysis and designing and implementation of improvement plans and training programs.
- Researches and analyzes information gathered to develop recommendations for improvement and changes in current policies and procedures for continued compliance with MoneyGram’s internal Policies and applicable regulations.
- Assists as back-up for supervisors/managers as needed with the day-to-day execution of MoneyGram’s AML/CFT & Fraud programs, including, but not limited to: assigning cases, ensuring internal and external SLAs are met, and escalating findings to leadership.
- Works with Analysts to elevate the team’s decision-making ability to determine the proper course of action in handling potentially suspicious activity as required by applicable global regulatory, law enforcement or, Financial Intelligence Units.
- Performs side-by-side review of the end-to-end quality assurance process with examiners, regulators, and others as required.
- Serves as a point of contact for various Compliance, Advisory, or Business teams, Legal, Security and Law Enforcement, or other internal departments as necessary.
- Tasks completed from these departments include (but are not limited to):
- Testing on new systems and/or software
- Auditor walkthroughs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience and / or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- BA /BS in business, finance, law enforcement, legal studies or a related field; may be substituted with equivalent work experience in Financial Services, Law Enforcement, Banking, or a related field.
- 5+ years' experience in KYC/GDD, financial compliance investigations, SAR/STR/CTR reporting, Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud Prevention compliance program audit or a related field.
- Investigations experience in a Money Service Business preferred.
- 2 years of experience providing feedback, coaching, training, in a related field.
- CAMS or CFE certification preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of BSA, USA Patriot act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements, and/or global AML/CFT/Fraud laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast pace, highly structured, deadline driven culture.
- Excellent organization, strong time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize work assignments with changing priorities.
- Must be a self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Drives results through team work, communication and critical thinking.
- Able to multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Exceptional research and analytical, cross-referencing and deductive reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills necessary to interact and communicate with various levels of internal and external clients, up to and including senior leadership & law enforcement.
- Must be proactive in making process/procedure enhancement suggestions geared toward mitigating risk in an ever-changing regulatory environment.
- Experience working with highly confidential information.
- Must be capable of sharing knowledge and feedback, mentoring and training other team members.
- Have a solid business knowledge and comprehension of MoneyGram products and services globally.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Possibility to grow and develop continuously in a friendly and international environment
- Access to a wide variety of trainings, both in your field and for personal development
- Work-life balance
- Social benefits: private medical health insurance, MultiSport card, social fund, holiday allowance, occasional packages for employees and children, social events, free Polish classes
- Attractive salary