A Compliance Analyst (CA) at MoneyGram holds the key to the safety and security of the business. Once selected, the CA will identify, research, and report suspicious activity. The best person for this job will provide recommendations of suspicious findings and notify all appropriate parties. Risk management is of upmost importance at MoneyGram, and this role is a crucial part of the team.
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Supervisor Compliance is responsible for the direct supervision of a diverse team of Compliance Officers whose primary responsibilities are; to identify patterns of potentially suspicious transactional activity and investigate suspected activities as they relate to potential fraudulent transactions, money laundering and/or terrorist financing, and to maintain compliance with regulatory reporting timelines and accordance with the Bank Secrecy Act/ International Regulations. The Supervisor will be expected to analyze and review transactional activity for trends and/or patterns. The incumbent will also be required to provide direct management, feedback, instruction, guidance and direction to staff, and to ensure direct report(s) are following standards, processes, methodologies, metrics and internal controls to support organizational objectives and mitigate risk.
- Ensures the team is operating in compliance with regulatory laws and MoneyGram policies.
- Hires, trains, and leads a team of Compliance Analysts.
- Manages daily and weekly performance of Compliance Analysts.
- Coordinates department workflow to ensure even and efficient distribution of resources and ensures timely, cost-effective responses.
- Develops and implements controls processes to mitigate risk, and escalate issues appropriately.
- Implements process improvements based on feedback from the Quality Assurance (QA) Team. Periodically reviews the staff’s work to ensure that MGI is filing certain reports and/ or producing records within government mandated timeframes and to ensure accuracy of work.
- Provides monthly metrics and results and trend analyses to management.
- Develops, enhances, and implements compliance policies and procedures, as needed, to address regulatory or business changes.
- Maintains a sound working knowledge of relevant anti-money laundering laws, specific country regulations, and crimes.
- Provides and presents monthly/weekly operational metrics and results of trend analyses to Compliance Senior Management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in business, finance, law enforcement, legal studies or related field or equivalent work experience in Financial Services, Law Enforcement, Banking or a related area.
- MBA preferred.
- CAMS Certification preferred.
- 2 years supervisory or strong team leadership experience.
- Experience with implementing controls and process improvements in a Fraud/AML or Financial Regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills that employ tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to make quick, yet sound decisions, and communicate negative and adverse messages professionally, under difficult circumstances.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word and ability to learn database applications; Access preferred.
- Demonstrated professional communication skills with internal and external customers at varying levels.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering compliance requirements for money services businesses preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of mandates, operations, and policies of law enforcement organizations.
- Broad base of knowledge of money laundering schemes and trends.
- Fluent /bilingual communication skills preferred.