Supervisor Due Diligence (Fixed Term Contract)
MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Supervisor of Due Diligence supervises a team of Due Diligence Analysts who are responsible for reviewing new and existing agent information. The supervisor produces management information and develops and recommends solutions to improve operational effectiveness, quality and timeliness. The incumbent is responsible for managing day-to-day operational tasks for the team ranging from establishing priorities, assigning daily workload/production targets, completing production reports and monitoring task sheets for accuracy. This involves daily communication of goals and expectations, one-on-one production feedback to team members, delegating effectively, and addressing and resolving issues in a manner which reflects the core values of the Company.
- Supervises Analysts who perform agent research in accordance with national and international regulations.
- Produces reports containing quality assurance results and associated metrics using established procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulations applicable to the business, any business changes as well as pertinent internal regulatory policy and procedural changes.
- Provides insight into quality gaps discovered as part of the quality review process and ensure these gaps are communicated to appropriate management and business owners.
- Analyzes information gathered to develop recommendations for improvement and changes in current policies and procedures for continued compliance with MoneyGram's internal policies and applicable regulations.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with regional compliance teams, FIU and other monitoring/investigation units, as applicable.
- Ensures compliance, operational risk controls are in place in accordance with MoneyGram's or regulatory standards and policies.
- Provides feedback and recommendations to Management to contribute to improved quality and efficiency of area activities.
- Performs reviews of high risk agent profiles and determines approval or escalation of agent applications.
- Provides training to Due Diligence Analysts to ensure processes are followed and results of research are clearly identified and documented.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: BA/BS Degree
- 3+ years proven and progressive audit, compliance, financial services operations experience or equivalent.
- Prior AML investigations experience a plus.
- Prior due diligence experience a plus.
- Prior management or supervisory experience, preferred.
- Good interpersonal, problem-solving, communication and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of products, services, operations, systems.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations agencies related to assigned areas.
- Proficiency with personal computers and pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Ability to manage staff; coaching and mentoring capabilities.
- Ability to work both independently and in team-oriented contexts.