Supv Settlement OperationsApply
The Supv Settlement Operations is responsible for overseeing the general operations of the department and giving direction to the operations team. This includes monitoring the day-to-day activities of Settlement Specialists; planning and allocating resources to manage the flow of work; ensuring service level agreements are met; addressing and resolving issues; monitoring specialist performance; reporting on department metrics; and ensuring policies, procedures and internal controls are documented and followed. This position also serves as subject matter expert for settlement and accounts receivable in support of various MGI projects and initiatives.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of Settlement Operations and provides direction to settlement team to ensure service level agreements are met.
- Provides support to staff to ensure all settlement issues are addressed.
- Monitors via system or manual reports to ensure appropriate action taken by Settlement Specialists to resolution.
- Handles escalated issues as needed. Works across departments to resolve issues and increase overall efficiency and effectiveness of department by driving change.
- Ensures partner satisfaction is continually enhanced to strengthen overall partner satisfaction with MGI brand.
- Reviews daily work requirements, tasks and overall performance of Settlement Specialists and measures against department standards/metrics.
- Responsible for performance management including regular coaching and feedback, performance appraisals, and addressing performance issues/problems.
- Builds teamwork within the department and regularly lead team meetings.
- Responsible for the recruitment, interviewing, hiring and training of new employees.
- Handles confidential employee matters involving compensation, discipline, personal issues and performance issues. Assists with miscellaneous staff administration duties including timekeeping, PTO, LOA, etc.
- Tracks and addresses internal and external errors.
- Ensures policies, procedures and internal controls are documented and being followed.
- Develops and maintains documented procedures.
- Monitors internal controls to ensure they are followed; oversees monthly internal controls testing.
- Identifies and implements efficiencies to improve performance and reduce costs.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert for Settlement and AR related projects, initiatives, and enhancements.
- Participates in and supports corporate initiatives and special projects as needed.
- Provides advanced analytics and excel reporting to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- BA/BS in accounting, business or related field, highly preferred.
- 3+ years in accounting, financial services, banking, account management, or collections.
- 3+ years’ experience leading or supervising a team, including hiring and performance management, preferred.
- Previous experience identifying opportunities for innovation and improved work processes and effectively leading change.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of all MoneyGram product types, point-of-sale and settlement system applications, preferred.
- Ability to train, motivate, and coach others.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to research, analyze, draw conclusions and present results of detailed analysis in a meaningful manner.
- Demonstrated decision making ability.
- Ability to resolve broad issues by reaching out to cross functional areas to initiate support and buy-in.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with various levels of authority, both internal and external.
- Ability, and willingness, to take ownership, and accountability for the business partnerships entrusted to them.
- Willingness to do what it takes to achieve the necessary goals and objectives of the group and overall process.
- Ability to identify, prioritize/organize, and complete large number of tasks and projects as assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple critical issues while maintaining day-to-day operations.
- Ability to shift priorities on short notice while maintaining positive results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook; intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs