MoneyGram is a financial connection for friends and family. Each employee plays a part in helping the world transfer nearly $600 billion each year for everything from life’s essentials, to emergency needs and even savings. Our multicultural company operates in more than 200 countries and territories throughout the globe and provides challenging and rewarding opportunities for all employees. At MoneyGram, we encourage and embolden the entire team to use innovation to enhance our culture, company, products and the communities where we live and work. Connect with us via social media and learn more about MoneyGram, our Foundation and our customers.
At MoneyGram, we act with integrity, treat each other with respect and are committed to our company growth as well as to enabling personal and professional growth. These values are the underpinning of our company culture and the essence of who we are as a collective organization of individuals.
Actimize Developer - (17011704)
The Actimize Developer serves as a technical consultant and lead to provide and support software applications that meet or exceed business needs. The Software Engineer IV is expected to possess strong technical expertise as well as strong leadership and mentoring skills. The incumbent typically works on complex computer programs and defined segments of highly complex programs. The Actimize Developer is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures and performs most complex applications development related tasks without guidance. The incumbent is a key contact for Project Managers, advising on project sizing and estimation. The incumbent will also direct the work of others and is expected to proactively contribute and offer recommendations. May play the role of Subject Matter Expert in relation to one or several applications.
• Helps contribute to the design, development and implementation of complex systems. Ability to work with diverse and different teams (including teams consisting of a combination of employees, contractors, on and off-site resources), on any project (including those that are global in nature) and during problem-resolution.
• Very hands on with the solution implementation including installation and deployments
• Effectively estimates tasks, cost and duration of activities needed to develop solutions, for self and other developers.
• Provides accurate and timely input to project manager regarding status of technical tasks for self and team.
• Effectively and actively plays the role of technical advisor for projects, providing advice on tools, process and design to others.
• Shows initiative to understand proper architectural disciplines and ensure they are applied.
• Initiates and actively facilitates meetings and issue resolution, involving the right individuals.
• Maintains “big picture view”, seeing overall situation; remains aware of what other engineers are doing; makes sure project goals make sense and overall development objectives are being met.
• Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor of Science in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and work experience
• A minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible systems development experience on multiple platforms.
• Experience with Compliance and Fraud Prevention solutions (preferred)
• Work to become the subject matter expert Compliance and Fraud Prevention solutions (one or more modules) and its processes as well as multi-platform interfaces (become the “go to person”)
• The ability to independently and proactively research and resolve issues with Actimize modules and/or processes, system performance problems as well as recommend and implement streamlining processes.
• Act as Team Player: facilitating communications with technical teams; liaising between business users, DBAs, internal technical staff, and vendors related to data required for compliance efforts.
• Monitor overall performance of the Compliance solutions and alert DBAs and System Administrators to take appropriate actions.
• Design/build/test/implement interfaces between Compliance modules and other MGI systems
• Act as the liaison between the business users and DBAs related to the data required for any compliance efforts
• Experience working in a package software environment (required)
• Strong SQL/PL-SQL (preferred)
• Java coding with Web Services (preferred)
• Networking skills (e.g. use of DynaTrace) (required)
• Experience with scripting languages (UNIX scripting, etc.) (preferred)
• Good exposure to XML (preferred)
• Experience working in multi-platform environments i.e. Linux, Windows, etc.
Primary Location St Louis Park-Minnesota-United States of America
US_Corp_St Louis Park_1550 Utica
1550 Utica Ave S Ste. 100
St Louis Park 55416
Job Application Development
Organization Information Technology
Job Posting Oct 11, 2017