As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota; Frisco, Texas; Dallas, Texas
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The IT Engineer III will support MoneyGram's customers, stakeholders, partners, staff and overall business strategy through the servicing and management of its technological resources. The incumbent will participate in projects, and create/maintain documentation for use by engineers and operations teams. The incumbent will also work with other engineers to design and build environments to proper standards with associated documentation and processes, while also serving as a level of escalation by assisting Operations team(s) who support the environments.
- Designs and builds technology environments to proper standards with associated documentation and processes and aligned to business requirements. This includes leading and managing projects in adherence with the PMO framework, participating in vendor management, creating/maintaining documentation, and helping to create standards and documentation.
- Develops and reports metrics and KPIs as appropriate.
- Gathers requirements from end-users and other key stakeholders to ensure that existing and new technology solutions are in alignment with business needs and Enterprise Architecture defined technology capabilities.
- Partners with Enterprise Architects to determine future needs; participate in planning sessions with Technology Lifecycle Managers to determine how to meet future requirements.
- Utilizes best practice for how products should be prepared before they are released to production.
- Within this process, Engineers are accountable for working with Operations and defining installation, configuration, and provision processes and standards, as well as types of instrumentation required to administer, monitor performance, and troubleshoot problems � all with stability in mind.
- Maintenance and patching of vendor supplied systems.
- Partners with Application Development teams on common projects and goals. This may include, but not limited to: deployment and management of appropriate components through the SDM lifecycle, optimization for specific platforms and physical configurations, performance tuning, and oversight of deployment into each environment.
- Assists IT Operations to analyze data related to supported systems (including critical events), and make recommendations.
- Provides on-call support as an escalation point from level 2 Operations teams or in SEV1 situations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Bachelors' degree
- 5-7 years' IT Engineering and/or Operations experience with increasing levels of responsibility preferred.
- 5-7 years' proven customer service experience, and must communicate clearly, courteously and professionally in person and over the phone preferred.
- 3-4 years of experience in hybrid cloud environments and Kubernetes container management tools preferred.
- Good hands on experience on setting up hybrid cloud environments.
Good understanding AWS cloud environment and Good hands on experience to deploy Docker containers in Kubernetes Container Management platforms like AWS EKS, GKS etc..
Good knowledge on Native AWS/GCP Cloud monitoring and management tools like Cloud Watch and Cloud Trail.
Good knowledge on service mesh like istio and load balancers like ALB/NLB.
Experience on Deployment Automation & Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python.
Integrated services like BitBucket, AWS Code Pipeline , Jenkins and AWS Elastic Beanstalk to create a deployment pipeline.
Good experience to set up alerts in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc. to take recommended actions for better performance.
Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
Good understanding on a Continuous Delivery process to include support building of Docker Images and publish into a private repository
Worked on Jira for defect/issues logging & tracking and documented all my work using confluence.
Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
Good understanding in architecting and configuring secure cloud VPC using private and public networks through subnets in AWS.
Good Understanding in Amazon IAM service enabled to grant permissions and resources to users. Managed roles and permissions of users with the help of AWS IAM.
Good understanding about Application Servers, Apache Kafka Event/Stream based technology and Couchbase NoSQL/In-Memory caching technology.