Commissions Analyst IIApply Job ID 18010421 Date posted 04/13/2018 Primary Location St Louis Park-Minnesota-United States of America
This position is highly involved with agent sales, onboarding and agent servicing processes which analyze complex contractual terms and ensure agent commissions/performance incentives are systematically and/or manually calculated accurately. This individual is considered a subject matter expert on the commissions function and the Oracle Incentive Compensation system. This position will consult with sales and legal business partners to leverage system automation. Also, this individual is responsible for commission plan maintenance, system transaction error handling, department metrics/reporting, executing Sox/internal controls and working with internal/external auditors. This position will also be responsible for problem solving commission setup issues and calculating adjustment amounts.
- Analyze agent commission servicing requests and perform root cause analysis. Manually calculate agent commissions & coordinate resolution with key stakeholders. (Partner Setup, Servicing, Settlement)
- Review agent contracts and perform complex commission analysis to ensure the accuracy of commission calculations:
- Assess if the Oracle OIC system can support the calculation.
- Determine which systematic commission plan supports the contract.
- Identify if retroactive calculations are necessary; execute calculation.
- Consult with Legal and Sales business partners to ensure the accuracy of contract language and verbiage. When a submitted contract contains a commission plan proposal that is non-standard, this role will influence key stakeholders to utilize system supported commission plans.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of commission related Oracle system transaction errors. Includes root cause analysis and coordinating error resolution with other departments.
- Maintains and replies to daily commission questions sent by internal MGI employees.
- Executes monthly Sox/internal controls to ensure the accuracy of commission calculations.
- Works with internal and external auditors.
- Assists with ad hoc analysis and other projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in Finance, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent.
- MBA and/ or CPA a plus.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Financial, systems and modeling experience.
- Ability to analyze the system functionality against business needs.
- Systems experience in incentive/sales compensation for employees and/or external sales.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve independently.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization to understand business goals and apply that understanding to system design.
- Strong Excel or Access query, database and modeling experience.
- Ability to plan strategically and breakdown to effective tactical steps.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs