Fraud Reporting Analyst IIIApply
The Fraud Reporting Analyst III is responsible for data mining, report generation and forecasting to support loss prevention measures. These measures will work to mitigate and prevent loss to MoneyGram agents, including MoneyGram Online, prepaid card products and areas as needed where loss may occur. The incumbent will gather/synthesize data and metrics into practical insights and recommendations to make decisions collaboratively and independently when warranted to deter ongoing fraud patterns identified at MoneyGram. The results will then be used for forecasts and communicated to the business and its stakeholders across multiple areas within MoneyGram. This includes following recommendations into implementation across all tools necessary. The incumbent will also be centered on providing the business with statistical support in its decision making. The
Analyst will be responsible for investigation into questions raised by the environment or stakeholders. This includes performing cross application analytics to explain relationships between the various business functions. Lastly, the incumbent will be centered on process improvement and project support#CD# evaluates the data to determine if formal business process improvement projects need to be undertaken.
- Develops and maintains queries, reports, and metrics, to provide customized information for users to make decisions affecting multiple areas of MoneyGram where loss may occur.
- Provides recommendations based on data analysis and sees those through implementation.
- Accepts a high level of responsibility for integrity of reports and data provided.
- Will be relied upon to make decisions regarding fraud mitigation strategy when warranted.
- Acts as subject matter expert on data elements and data mining techniques within the reporting environment to support all areas impacted by loss. This also includes understanding MoneyGram's global environment and how various elements impact potential fraud loss.
- Works independently creating daily work and collaborates with leadership on the overall strategy for the Loss Prevention Team.
- Leads the investigation into relationships and processes between business and operational functions.
- Clearly communicates findings to the business or stakeholders and provides steady state operations support, as needed.
- Drives change and process improvements through metrics and analytics that will improve efficiencies and enable cost reductions across several areas within the business where risk is identified.
- Actively participates in project and strategy meetings representing the department to collaborate with stakeholders and align objectives to mitigate risk.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or criminal justice or equivalent work experience
- Masters in Statistics/Mathematics, preferred
- 3-5 years' relevant work experience in data mining and statistical analytics.
- 3-5 years hands on SQL experience.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Advanced Access Skills.
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to synthesize situations for corresponding solutions.
- Ability to establish strong partnerships within all levels in the organization while adjusting communications to the specified audience.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, succinct terms (written and verbal) for business and process decisions.
- Skilled at working in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience integrating information from a variety of sources and formats.
- Ecommerce, Chargebacks and Call Center data experience (preferred).
- Six Sigma process improvement experience (preferred).
- Java Script, Perl, CRON and other programming languages (plus).
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs