MoneyGram is a financial connection for friends and family. Each employee plays a part in helping the world transfer nearly $600 billion each year for everything from life’s essentials, to emergency needs and even savings. Our multicultural company operates in more than 200 countries and territories throughout the globe and provides challenging and rewarding opportunities for all employees. At MoneyGram, we encourage and embolden the entire team to use innovation to enhance our culture, company, products and the communities where we live and work. Connect with us via social media and learn more about MoneyGram, our Foundation and our customers.
At MoneyGram, we act with integrity, treat each other with respect and are committed to our company growth as well as to enabling personal and professional growth. These values are the underpinning of our company culture and the essence of who we are as a collective organization of individuals.
Head of IT Business Partners
Job ID 17011378
Date posted 9/08/ 2017
Head of IT Business Partners - (17011378)
The Head of IT Business Partners is the primary relationship owner and has overall responsibility for technology solution planning, development and delivery of the Moneygram International Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Human Resources, Agent Services and Support global organizations. This position will own the IT strategic planning, implementation and support for the designated groups. Additionally, this position will have overall responsibilities for the strategy, delivery and management for MoneyGram's Oracle Program, including the Oracle relationship.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of the business and payment services industry by establishing and fostering a strong business partnership with executive and senior leaders, as well as all process owners.
- Maintains a strong business partnership and on-going dialogue with MoneyGram business partners to fully understand MoneyGram's business strategies and goals and meet customer technological needs.
- Develops strategic plan and present technology road map in partnership with internal customers.
- Drives efficiency analysis and ongoing process improvement.
- Acts as a primary business partner for the development of the strategy for core technology teams with changes that would impact the system, functional and business architecture, process definition, and operational excellence.
- Closely collaborates with peer organizations supporting other components of the enterprise (Product, Web, Marketing, Point of Sale, etc.).
- Proactively leads the development and implementation of robust strategic and tactical payments services products and business solutions within the established time frame, quality standards, and financial parameters (roadmaps) defined with internal and external customers.
- Enhances the pace and productivity of development through introduction of industry best practices and modern Software Development Lifecycle approaches.
- Oversees the management and implementation of mid and large scale projects, ensuring time, quality and budget goals are met.
- Hires, develops, and manages a team of Software Development Managers and/or Program Managers.
- Develops and manages individual work plans in support of division and company objectives.
- Defines individual performance objectives and financial goals and install accountability to achieve these results.
- Assists, coaches, and supports Software Development Managers in the management of technology professionals who deliver products and services using new and emerging technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance, business administration, computer science, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience.
- Minimum 7years of experience managing technical or business staff, including a track record of successful recruitment, development, mentorship, and performance management.
Primary Location St Louis Park-Minnesota-United States of America
Additional Locations US_Corp_Frisco_3000 Internet-Frisco-Texas-United States of America
- Experience in leading technology projects, including very complex cross functional and cross organizational projects.
- Strong understanding of application, database, technical infrastructure and supporting systems related to ERP (Oracle experience).
- Experience managing resources, relationships, and delivery in remote locations - international experience preferred.
- Extensive financial systems and processes knowledge obtained by leading multiple ERP financial modules implementations.
US_Corp_St Louis Park_1550 Utica
1550 Utica Ave S Ste. 100
St Louis Park 55416
Job Application Development
Organization Information Technology
Job Posting Sep 08, 2017
Why join MoneyGram International?
Not only are we one of the largest money transfer companies in the world, with agents in more than 200 countries and territories, we are industry innovators and game-changers. We continue to outperform our competition in a dynamic industry that moves $600 billion - and growing - around the world each year.
Though we have a large global reach, we maintain a fairly small team of approximately 2,500 employees, which means that each one of our team members plays a meaningful role in our success. MoneyGram is an equal opportunity employer, and we're focused on building our diverse and inclusive teams with top global talent to help us accomplish our goals.