MoneyGram is a financial connection for friends and family. Each employee plays a part in helping the world transfer nearly $600 billion each year for everything from life’s essentials, to emergency needs and even savings. Our multicultural company operates in more than 200 countries and territories throughout the globe and provides challenging and rewarding opportunities for all employees. At MoneyGram, we encourage and embolden the entire team to use innovation to enhance our culture, company, products and the communities where we live and work. Connect with us via social media and learn more about MoneyGram, our Foundation and our customers.
At MoneyGram, we act with integrity, treat each other with respect and are committed to our company growth as well as to enabling personal and professional growth. These values are the underpinning of our company culture and the essence of who we are as a collective organization of individuals.
International Cyber Fraud Prevention Spec III
Job ID 17011456
Date posted 9/11/ 2017
International Cyber Fraud Prevention Spec III - (17011456)
The International Cyber Fraud Prevention Specialist III is responsible for reviewing real-time and near real-time data in order to proactively identify and block suspicious activity within MoneyGram Online transactions. The incumbent will work closely with the Manager of Fraud Mitigation to develop and maintain scoring and rule engine effectiveness. The incumbent will also work closely with Fraud Prevention Representatives to assist with in depth fraud related questions.
- Performs proactive and real-time fraud queries in order to minimize fraud impacts. This includes:
- Express Payment Queries
- High Risk Country
- New receive country
- New profile automation
- Receiver velocity
- High scoring
- Objectively blocks suspicious and fraudulent profile information based on query findings in order to reduce the scope of fraud activity based on information and findings provided by the Fraud Reporting Analysts.
- Reports findings of linked fraud activity to Fraud Prevention Lead and Fraud Reporting Analysts.
- Maintains records of queries run and provides documentation to EOC Audit.
- Examines verification documents from customers for authenticity.
- Process returned and bounced customer emails and block suspicious activity.
- Builds basic SQL queries to further refine information provided by Fraud Reporting Analysts.
- Makes decisions related to the validity of customer profiles based on transaction and profile information.
- Evaluated documents customers have provided for authenticity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: High School diploma or GED
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience in call center or financial operations
- 2+ years' experience in a call center or other operations environment highly preferred.
- Previous online fraud avoidance experience such as phishing, payments and identity authentication, preferred.
Primary Location St Louis Park-Minnesota-United States of America
- Basic SQL experience and familiarity.
- Advanced PC skills with Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and turn data into meaningful business conclusions.
- Effective interpersonal skills; ability to be effective and successful working with others or independently.
- Must have the ability to analyze appropriate data to recognize fraud patterns and define risk.
- Must be able to identify process changes to query reviews to improve efficiency and increase fraud detection.
- Knowledge of credit card and card not present transaction security processes, preferred.
- Familiarity with fraud prevention systems, preferred.
US_Corp_St Louis Park_1550 Utica
1550 Utica Ave S Ste. 100
St Louis Park 55416
Job Retail and Risk Mgmt
Job Posting Sep 11, 2017
Why join MoneyGram International?
Not only are we one of the largest money transfer companies in the world, with agents in more than 200 countries and territories, we are industry innovators and game-changers. We continue to outperform our competition in a dynamic industry that moves $600 billion - and growing - around the world each year.
Though we have a large global reach, we maintain a fairly small team of approximately 2,500 employees, which means that each one of our team members plays a meaningful role in our success. MoneyGram is an equal opportunity employer, and we're focused on building our diverse and inclusive teams with top global talent to help us accomplish our goals.