As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
IT Analyst II
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The IT Analyst II is responsible for providing second and third level support for job scheduling, code management and storage administration on the mainframe infrastructure. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring that incidents reported from level 1 groups or automated monitoring systems are resolved or escalated as quickly as possible, meeting all OLA/SLA requirements. The incumbent will also perform service request changes as well as enforcing code standards and verification of change requests. Additionally, the position is responsible for identifying trends and escalating any recurring problems and making recommendations to reduce user problems and job failures.
- Monitor, respond to, and resolves support-related tickets based on severity level, adhering to pre-defined OLAs.
- Communicate and document common issues and resolutions to other support staff to minimize user downtime.
- Provide metrics and trending information to management.
- Provide day-to-day administration and troubleshooting for the service support application(s).
- Reviews processes or systems and research alternatives to in-house development.
- Creates standards, policies, processes and procedures, oversight of management tools and systems, production and maintenance of management reports.
- Defines business needs, translating those needs into system requirements and clearly defining the scope of the solution.
- Gathers, consolidates and refines data to publish executive, operational, and management level reporting and analysis.
- Works on technical support issues relating to the Mainframe systems support, interfacing with 3rd-party vendors as necessary, includes on-call responsibilities as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent degree and/or experience
- 2-3 years' experience as an IT analyst, with multiple application platforms and solutions knowledge.
- Experience with Mainframe z/OS preferred
- Awareness of current standards and trends in IT and emerging technology
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating systems
- Experience in monitoring MVS OS/390 and ensuring overall system health.
- Experience monitoring and resolving batch failures including JCL abends.
- Experience reviewing JCL code and datasets.
- Understand basic scheduling for Workload Automation/ESP job scheduling.
- Understand TSO and mainframe commands including CICS.
- Proficiency with current versions of Linux and Microsoft operating systems including administration, troubleshooting and scripts development.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS , SSL/TLS and networking principles.
- Advanced experience using MS Office tools, including Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Role specific experience and technologies, preferred.