IT Analyst III-Production Control SpecialistApply
The IT Analyst III is responsible for providing second and third level support for job scheduling, code management and storage administration on the mainframe infrastructure. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring that incidents reported from level 1 groups or automated monitoring systems are resolved or escalated as quickly as possible, meeting all OLA/SLA requirements. The incumbent will also perform service request changes as well as enforcing code standards and verification of change requests. Additionally, the position is responsible for identifying trends and escalating any recurring problems and making recommendations to reduce user problems and job failures.
- Monitor, respond to, and resolves support-related tickets based on severity level, adhering to pre-defined OLAs.
- Communicate and document common issues and resolutions to other support staff to minimize user downtime.
- Provide metrics and trending information to management.
- Provide day-to-day administration and troubleshooting for the service support application(s).
- Reviews processes or systems and research alternatives to in-house development.
- Creates standards, policies, processes and procedures, oversight of management tools and systems, production and maintenance of management reports.
- Defines business needs, translating those needs into system requirements and clearly defining the scope of the solution.
- Gathers, consolidates and refines data to publish executive, operational, and management level reporting and analysis.
- Works on technical support issues relating to the Mainframe systems support, interfacing with 3rd-party vendors as necessary, includes on-call responsibilities as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent degree and/or experience
- 5+ years' experience as an IT analyst, with multiple application platforms and solutions knowledge.
- Experience with Mainframe z/OS
- Understand TSO and mainframe commands including CICS.
- Experience reviewing JCL code and datasets.
- Experience in monitoring MVS OS/390 and ensuring overall system health.
- Experience monitoring and resolving batch failures including JCL abends.
- Awareness of current standards and trends in IT and emerging technology
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating systems
- Understand basic scheduling for Workload Automation/ESP job scheduling.
- Proficiency with current versions of Linux and Microsoft operating systems including administration, troubleshooting and scripts development.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS , SSL/TLS and networking principles.
- Advanced experience using MS Office tools, including Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Role specific experience and technologies, preferred.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs