As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
IT Engineer III- Oracle Database Administrator
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota; Frisco, Texas
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
Paid Time Off
Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Money Transfer Fee Reimbursement
Community Service Days
Business Travel Accident Insurance
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The IT Engineer III will support MoneyGram's customers, stakeholders, partners, staff and overall business strategy through the servicing and management of its technological resources. The incumbent will participate in project and provide support on multiple versions of Oracle from 10g, 11g, 12c, and19c. The incumbent will partner with our key infrastructure and support teams and assist with code deployments, performance monitoring and troubleshooting, upgrade and migration strategies, and maintaining a highly available and performant environment.
- Provide support to developers by deploying code and schema level changes to environments from QA through Production and following standards with associated documentation and processes and aligned to business requirements.
- Participating in vendor management, creating/maintaining documentation, and helping to create standards and documentation.
- Develops and reports metrics and KPIs as appropriate for database environments.
- Gathers requirements from end-users and other key stakeholders to ensure that existing and new technology solutions are in alignment with business needs and Enterprise Architecture defined technology capabilities.
- Partners with Enterprise Architects to determine future needs; participate in planning sessions with Technology Lifecycle Managers to determine how to meet future requirements.
- Utilizes best practice for how products should be prepared before they are released to production.
- Within this process, Engineers are accountable for working on defining installation, configuration, and provision processes and standards, as well as types of instrumentation required to administer, monitor performance, and troubleshoot problems all with stability in mind.
- Assist with maintenance and patching of vendor supplied systems as needed
- Partners with Application Development teams on common projects and goals. This may include, but not limited to: deployment and management of appropriate components through the SDM lifecycle, optimization for specific platforms and physical configurations, performance tuning, cloning, and oversight of deployment into each environment.
- Assist with analyzing data related to supported systems (including critical events) and make recommendations.
- Provides on-call support and participate in rotation as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or a combination of relevant education/experience and related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- 5-7 years IT Operations and/or Engineering experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Required hands on experience with:
- Oracle OEM/Cloud Control
- Oracle RDBMS 10g, 11g, 12.1 and above
- Oracle E-Business Suite Oracle Financials R12, including WebLogic
- Exceptional experience with Oracle recovery scenarios, RMAN, Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Performance and tuning, and MOS problem resolution.
- Knowledge with SQL scripting, Linux OS, BASH/awk scripting, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Advanced Security
- Additional experience that would be beneficial:
- OUAF (oracle utilities application framework)
- Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB)
- MS SQL SERVER
- Cloud Migration strategy and deployment
- Database management on cloud platform
- Excellent problem-solving skills and broad understanding of relationships between hardware and applications, and client/server relationships.
- In-depth understanding of the criticality of existing environments when leading/managing projects, software and/or hardware as it relates to the business needs, customers, partners and staff.
- Knowledge of the inputs and outputs associated with the data, software and/or hardware technology.
- In depth knowledge of the technology this position represents, including all aspects/activities required to maintain system stability and optimal performance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Availability to participate in on-call support rotation and in high-severity incident situations.