As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
IT Mainframe Systems Programmer
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
- Growth Mindset
“What drew me to MoneyGram was the opportunity to work in an entirely different vertical—Financial Services, and to leverage my technical background and knowledge. I’ve learned to be successful at MoneyGram, collaboration is key. It is much easier to be successful and productive working together cross functionally than it is to work within a singular team. Different perspectives, skillsets and objectives will create better solutions in the long run.”Veronica Larson, Head of IT Service Management
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
Paid Time Off
Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Money Transfer Fee Reimbursement
Community Service Days
Business Travel Accident Insurance
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The IT Mainframe Systems Programmer is responsible for installing, customizing, and maintaining the IBM mainframe operating system software. Other responsibilities include; installing and upgrading 3rd party software products that run on the mainframe, create and maintain support documentation, enforce company policies and standards. The candidate must be skilled at debugging problems with the system software. This is accomplished by reviewing system dumps, logs, and utilizing specialized debugging tools. When the errors occur in a software product, the candidate must work directly with the software vendor support staff.
Customizing IBM mainframe system software options and parameters - Non MGI Application (CICS and OS)
Analyzing, developing, planning and performing mainframe operating system software installation and maintenance
Knowledge of SMPE to perform mainframe software installation and maintenance, and develop USERMODs
Knowledge of HCD to perform mainframe hardware configurations, installation and maintenance
Implement, test and verify mainframe software – Non MGI Application
Responsibility to identify, analyze and resolve mainframe software problems
Knowledge of mainframe tools such as RMF, SMF, IPCS, IBM’s Debug Tool, Fault Analyzer, File Manager, SYSLOGs, etc., to resolve software problems
Experience with coordinating operating system software problem determination and resolution in a mainframe SYSPLEX environment
Ability to write and debug JCL, REXX, and CList
Strong knowledge of systems performance and tuning.
Strong Problem solving skills
Within this process, Engineers are accountable for working with Operations and defining installation, configuration, and provision processes and standards, as well as types of instrumentation required to administer, monitor performance, and troubleshoot problems.
Provides on-call support as an escalation point from level 2 Operations teams, or in SEV1 situations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Bachelors' degree
- 7-10 years' IT Operations and/or Engineering experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and broad understanding of relationships between hardware and applications, and client/server relationships.
- In-depth understanding of the criticality of existing environments when leading/managing projects, software and/or hardware as it relates to the business needs, customers, partners and staff.
- Knowledge of the inputs and outputs associated with the data, software and/or hardware technology.
- In depth knowledge of the technology this position represents, including all aspects/activities required to maintain system stability and optimal performance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Availability to participate in on-call support as an escalation point from IT Operations or in high-severity incident situations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Mentor and leadership qualities.