As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
IT Project Manager II
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota; Frisco, Texas
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The IT Project Manager II will lead assigned projects from the aligning/initiation phase through project close, while being accountable for project delivery to the project sponsor/owner. The IT
Project Manager II will facilitate the definition of project goals, objectives and project success criteria with the project sponsor. The IT Project Manager II will also independently manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity (typically $250k - $1 mil budget range) concurrently. The incumbent will act as a coach and lead to the IT Project Manager I by providing sound guidance and feedback to enhance the project management skillset.
- Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to deadlines and manage projects within budget.
- Understands resource allocation and utilization and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to the work plan.
- Leads project resources in the creation of the work break down structure, identifying the critical path, and ensuring the project stays on track by managing the day to day operational aspects and escalating to the Project Owner, Sponsor and IT Leadership as appropriate.
- Keeps stakeholders informed by effectively communicating relevant project information and defining organizational change management strategies.
- Influences project team members and contractors to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work by coaching, mentoring and motivating.
- Ensures communication by developing and delivering timely status reports and presentations for Steering Committee and project stakeholder notification.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional webinars.
- Integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at a broad understanding of issues.
- Defines issues clearly despite incomplete or ambiguous information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Degree in finance, business administration, public administration or equivalent degree and/or experience
- Project Management certification, preferred
- Knowledge of Money Transfer and Bill Pay processes and systems, preferred
- 2-4 years of Project Management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with senior leadership as needed.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships across IT, business lines and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage change and priorities and coordinate/realign project resources as necessary.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and MS Project.
- HP PPM tool experience desired.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to work autonomously and alongside a peer/mentor where necessary.
- Utilize and support project methods, process and toolkit as well as be an ambassador of the Project Management Office.
- Group facilitation skills, negotiation and ability to influence and drive decisions.
- Ability to articulate project challenges to project stakeholders and IT Leadership in a timely manner for escalation transparency and guidance.
- Facilitate the identification and resolution of project risks and issues.