IT Scrum Master IIApply
The Scrum Master is primarily responsible for leading a dedicated self-organizing team to deliver functionality through development and quality assurance execution provided by subject matter experts. In addition, acts as a servant leader to the team, facilitates planning and team learning in the form of reviews and retrospectives. Continual review and adaptation of the process to ensure quality of team/solutions.
- Responsible for personal growth in the Scrum Master role by continuing on-going education, following guidance from agile coaches, attending training when available, and participating in the Community of Practice.
- Strongly serving the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to deliver and delight their customer(s).
- Guides cross functional teams in executing the principles of the Scrum framework and working with non-scrum team(s) to ensure successful sprint execution.
- Facilitating discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Removes impediments that prevent a team from completing the work it has negotiated for a given sprint.
- Works to identify and engage appropriate stakeholders for resolution or until an action plan has been created to remedy the impediment(s).
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization, and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable for the team and organization. Maintains relevant metrics demonstrating the value of agile practices, work throughput and quality of product.
- Values peer scrum masters through active participation in the Scrum Master Community of Practice.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skill.
- Understand organizational changes and updates that may affect agility maturity, demonstrating the ability to decompose or dissect relevant information that impacts all aspects of the framework and current SDLC processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- First level Scrum Master Certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- JIRA tool experience a plus.
- 2-4 years of Scrum Master experience.
- 2-4 years of Project Management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of various project methodologies (waterfall, iterative).
- Possess the necessary skills to successfully inspire others and become an agent for change.
- Situationally aware – must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and assess impact to their scrum teams.
- Recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Excellent organization skills and exhibit follow-through skills.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs