As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
IT Scrum Master III
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Scrum Master III is primarily responsible for leading a dedicated self-organizing team to deliver functionality through development and quality assurance execution provided by subject matter experts. In addition, acts as a servant leader to the team, facilitates planning and team learning in the form of reviews and retrospectives. Continual review and adaptation of the process to ensure quality of team/solutions.
- Owns the on-going education and coaching of Agile practices across the organization, including training and communication.
- Actively participates in the community of practices.
- Strongly serves the product owner and development team in their quest to deliver to their respective customer(s).
- Facilitates discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Guides cross functional teams in executing the principles of the Scrum framework and working with non-scrum team(s) to ensure successful sprint execution.
- Removes impediments that prevent a team from completing the work it has negotiated for a given sprint.
- Works to identify and engage appropriate Stakeholders for resolution or until an action plan has been created to remedy the impediment(s).
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and organization, and coaches the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable for the team and organization.
- Provides support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Maintains relevant metrics demonstrating the value of agile practices, work and quality of product.
- Understands organizational change and updates that may affect agility maturity, demonstrating the ability to decompose or dissect relevant information that impact the aspects of the framework and current processes.
- Values peer Scrum Masters through active participation in the Scrum Master Community of Practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- First level Scrum Master certification.
- Second level Scrum Master certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- JIRA tool experience a plus.
- 5+ years of Scrum Master experience.
- 2-3 years of experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (team sizes, organizations, cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.).
- 1-3 years of Project Management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of various project methodologies (waterfall, iterative).
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader and proven track record of excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess the necessary skills to successfully inspire others and become an agent for change.
- Situationally aware – must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and assess impact to their scrum teams.
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD.
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques to fully realize the potential of Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Excellent organization skills and exhibit follow-through skills.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.