As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
Software Engineer – App Support
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
Paid Time Off
Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Money Transfer Fee Reimbursement
Community Service Days
Business Travel Accident Insurance
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Software Engineer serves as a Technical Solutions Support Analyst with responsibilities for supporting MoneyGram’s critical transaction processing applications Money Transfer, Bill Payments, Account Deposit services, MoneyGram online transactions, as well as developing and implementing biller/partner service interfaces based on either SOAP, RESTful API, JSON, ISO 8583 standards in Cloud and On-Prem environments.
- Responsible for providing support for MoneyGram’s 24x7critical transaction processing applications
- Manage the response and resolution of Application Support incidents and requests within established SLA’s.
- Responsible for support of MoneyGram’s business applications which include but are not limited to: Business Portal; Actuate; MTDF file integration; Seeburger (File Transmission App) Mapping Setup; Product Rollout Management and Implementation; Country Currency Conversions and Activations; Regulatory Rules; Tax Setup & Decimal Precision; Legacy Applications (Escheatment) and Compliance Applications (Ex: Actimize, G2 and MS CRM).
- Responsible for developing and supporting MoneyGram’s Biller and Partner Integration projects and batch reporting interfaces.
- Respond and assist in the resolution of major system disruptions and outages.
- Serves as a contact person in support of production problems and release projects. This may include providing evening and weekend on-call support as required.
- Member of the IT Change Advisory Board that reviews and recommends IT production changes
- Tracks record of identifying largest risk areas and driving resolution of these issues
- Lead the design, development and automate support tasks that are repetitive in nature
- Works with internal business users and developers to assist with the implementation of new clients/partners.
- Participate periodical Audits, delivering required documentation and evidence
- Communicates and documents common issues and resolutions to other support staff to minimize impact to customers.
- Communicates and coordinates with technical and business partners to permanently resolve recurring or common issues.
- Provides metrics and trending information to management.
- Provides support and ad hoc resources for larger projects and initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent degree and/or experience
- 4+ years of experience working in software development and/or support in Agile and Scrum/Kanban environments utilizing some of the following tools and technologies: J2EE, Log4j, Eclipse, JUnit, Ant, JDBC, Oracle, Microsoft.NET Framework, Springboot, RESTful API, SQL Server, SSRS, HTML, CSS, LINQ, Layer7, XML gateway, WSDL SOAP, IBM RAD, Couchbase
- 4+ years proven customer service experience, and must communicate clearly, courteously and professionally over the phone, email and Jabber.
- 4+ years of experience troubleshooting supporting service support processes such as incident, problem, or change management (ServiceNow is a plus)
- 4+ years of experience supporting applications in Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- 4+ years of experience utilizing monitoring and logging tools (RTView, Solarwinds, DynaTrace, Splunk, etc..) Good knowledge of Splunk search processing language (SPL), reporting, dashboards, and search acceleration techniques is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience developing, migrating, and deploying cloud-platform based microservice solutions (AWS, GCP) and/or container-based services (Kubernetes)
- Experience with the Agile mindset.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, and networking principles.
- Role specific experience and technologies, preferred
- Proven expertise in effectively managing activities on multiple simultaneous projects and in organizing complex activities under tight deadlines, required.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly and concisely in front of an audience. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with senior management regarding difficult and complex issues. Demonstrated questioning, listening and non-verbal communication skills. Expresses disagreement professionally, required.
- Demonstrated ability to break down and analyze technical and/or functional problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to provide solutions to technical and non-technical problems.
- Demonstrated ability to create solutions and ideas that add value.
- Accepts ownership, takes the initiative and assumes responsibility for self and team
- Open to change; able and willing to take on and learn additional and different responsibilities
- Demonstrates strong facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and broad understanding of relationships between hardware and applications, and client/server relationships.
- Ability to create clear and detailed technical diagrams and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to probe, diagnose and resolve customer issues.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive financial business systems knowledge, preferred.