MoneyGram is a financial connection for friends and family. Each employee plays a part in helping the world transfer nearly $600 billion each year for everything from life’s essentials, to emergency needs and even savings. Our multicultural company operates in more than 200 countries and territories throughout the globe and provides challenging and rewarding opportunities for all employees. At MoneyGram, we encourage and embolden the entire team to use innovation to enhance our culture, company, products and the communities where we live and work. Connect with us via social media and learn more about MoneyGram, our Foundation and our customers.
At MoneyGram, we act with integrity, treat each other with respect and are committed to our company growth as well as to enabling personal and professional growth. These values are the underpinning of our company culture and the essence of who we are as a collective organization of individuals.
Supply Chain Analyst
Job ID 17011375
Date posted 9/12/ 2017
Supply Chain Analyst - (17011375)
The Supply Chain Analyst II will purchase and control distribution of MGI's POS hardware, commodities and supplies to MGI specifications, and manage MGI hardware depot and fulfillment suppliers. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of long-term commodity strategies. This includes supplier relationship development, material sourcing/cost containment, issuing RFI/RFP, forecasting, inventory management, requisitioning, and tracking orders. The Supply Chain Analyst II will manage and continuously improve internal and external processes that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of MGI hardware and fulfillment by working with various departments and vendors. The position will also initiate and lead cross-functional project teams that reduce or contain MGI total cost of hardware, repair, supplies, and fulfillment.
- Manages the MGI hardware, repairs, forms and various agent supplies. This includes creating material masters, Inventory Management and min/max inventory levels; reorder point, forecasting, management of hardware repairs, fixed asset management information, forms and supplies etc.
- Ensures that MGI never goes on backorder for key pieces of hardware, forms and agent supplies.
- Develops and implements long-term commodity strategies for new, existing or end-of-life hardware, forms, commodities and supplies deployed to MGI agents.
- Leads medium to large-sized cross-functional projects that support the deployment of MGI hardware, forms and Agent Supplies.
- Proactively manages key vendors.
- Ensures vendors provide optimum service and quality products and services to ensure that MGI needs are met.
- Continuously improves overall service from suppliers and reduces/contains the cost of hardware, forms and supply purchases and fulfillment costs.
- Develops and manages an e-procurement strategy for hardware commodities, forms and agent supplies.
- Creates and manages the RFP process for materials being purchased.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years of supply chain management and materials management.
- 3+ years of Forecasting, Inventory Management, purchasing commodities, hardware and/or software, and hardware repair.
- 1-2 years of e-procurement experience, preferably with Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, etc.
Primary Location St Louis Park-Minnesota-United States of America
- Strong understanding and track record of hardware depot repair and fulfillment systems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop and implement a strategic commodity plan.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including individual interaction, group facilitation skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience and demonstrated successful negotiation techniques.
- Ability to create detailed RFP's.
- Ability to create detailed project plans and manage a team to the project plan.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint).
US_Corp_St Louis Park_1550 Utica
1550 Utica Ave S Ste. 100
St Louis Park 55416
Travel DetailsYes, 5 % of the Time
Job Field Service
Organization Global Operations
Job Posting Sep 12, 2017
Why join MoneyGram International?
Not only are we one of the largest money transfer companies in the world, with agents in more than 200 countries and territories, we are industry innovators and game-changers. We continue to outperform our competition in a dynamic industry that moves $600 billion - and growing - around the world each year.
Though we have a large global reach, we maintain a fairly small team of approximately 2,500 employees, which means that each one of our team members plays a meaningful role in our success. MoneyGram is an equal opportunity employer, and we're focused on building our diverse and inclusive teams with top global talent to help us accomplish our goals.