Office ManagerApply Job ID 17011913 Date posted 02/09/2018 Primary Location Sydney-Sydney-Australia
The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the effective running of a fast paced office environment. The Office Manager will be responsible for providing support to senior management, maintaining and improving office services and coordinating several office activities.
- Acts as a local point of contact for all general telephone calls or visitors to the office, resolving, forwarding or escalating the issue as appropriate.
- Sends notifications to office staff regarding office protocol and alert of potential visitors.
- Ensures the office premises are effectively maintained, presenting an appropriate image to visitors at all times.
- Assists in planning and organizing meetings/conference calls, including arranging accommodations and other logistics.
- Provides support during meetings as required; prepares and takes dictation, minutes, agendas, notices and manages mailings of meeting agendas and supporting materials.
- Provides support to senior management by notifying and escalating technical equipment issues to the IT department.
- Ensures all IT related requirements and resources are working effectively, liaising with the IT Manager as appropriate.
- Develops process to keep track of cost center and monthly review of cost center statement.
- Identifies variances of actual to budget and provides regular updates to EVP.
- Resolves questions and problems, independently taking or coordinating the appropriate action, referring only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Coordinates the office accounts. This includes keeping a log of all expenditure, petty cash etc.
- Reconciles office bank statements and collates receipts.
- Works with HR to assist in the coordination of the monthly payroll.
- Partners with line managers to ensure the monthly accounting packages are completed and submitted to the designated accounting provider.
- Assists the team in filing timely expense reports and ensures they are completed in a timely manner.
- Performs other ad-hoc duties as required by the office or team as they arise.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to work well under dynamic conditions with input from multiple managers.
- Ability to interact and communicate appropriately and professionally with senior management.
- Numerate/basic knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize own workload and manage multiple requests in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to liaison and co-ordinate the activities of a geographically dispersed team.
- Proven track record of strong office support/administrative experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality with regard to sensitive information.
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to influence others to ensure that issues which have been raised are resolved.
- Excellent problem solving skills � able to think through likely cause of problems before referring to others.
- Team player.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Remote management skills preferred.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs