MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Compliance Programs Manager
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
- Growth Mindset
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
“In Compliance, we strive to make enhancements daily. Therefore, attending meetings with other colleagues and the Head of Compliance to discuss enhancements and solutions is a very important part of the day.
Working alongside some amazing colleagues here at MoneyGram has encouraged me to work harder. I do not just work within my job duties. My daily goal is to do more than the minimum. How can I maximize this day? Having that mind set has helped my career, I have been promoted to Supervisor of the very team in which I started as Compliance Officer II.”Krystall Smith
MoneyGram’s Compliance Program
MoneyGram works diligently to prevent its systems from being used to perpetrate any unlawful activity. We are committed to protecting our customers and preventing the use of our products or services by anyone for money laundering, fraudulent purposes, scams, terrorist financing, OFAC, other watch list or sanctions violations, and other illicit behavior.
Learn More >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Compliance Programs Manager is responsible for the provision of enterprise wide compliance services and for overseeing various programs with particular focus on day-to-day activities associated with critical sub-components of those programs. The Manager is expected to interact with the lines of business including mid-level management, firm's legal department, senior compliance management and various law enforcement and regulatory agencies as needed. The incumbent will handle critical level items for escalation and ensures any items escalated are properly managed, documented and communicated throughout the organization. The incumbent must also ensure the accuracy of information provided to regulators and plays a key role in ensuring other key stakeholders, such as banking institution are able to effectively evaluate MoneyGram’s overall compliance programs to enable MoneyGram to continue to operate.
- Manages the design and governance overall for the program(s) of responsibility and provides thought leadership in the areas of regulatory compliance and enterprise risk management.
- Directs business process control reviews, program assessment reviews, and other service offerings.
- Works closely with management to develop risk assessments, implement programs and new requirements, and drive implementation of recommendations regarding business & process optimization, profit improvement, internal control & compliance.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on core program and sub-programs.
- Actively provides consultative support and advice to business lines regarding compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of business line functions, strategic goals and target markets in order to best support assigned business lines.
- Provides advice and guidance to the organization as a whole by developing policy and advocacy agenda and ensures employees are positioned to educate others effectively when opportunities arise.
- Promotes policies at local, state, and federal levels that enhance the organizations abilities to achieve its vision and mission.
- Drafts enterprise wide policy, policy briefs, programs, standards, and guidelines.
- Effectively guides the various Risk Operations teams via policy requirements, which includes regulations and regulatory expectations.
- Remediates AML/Government Sanctions/KYA issues identified through independent testing, self-identification, or other escalation processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years’ cumulative work experience within a Financial Institution or similar industry.
- CAMs certification or other professional designation, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud, Securities Rules/Law, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery, and/or other AML regulatory policies.
- Experience developing and implementing compliance policies, programs, and procedures, including regulatory risk assessments.
- Experience working with regulators or having to manage stakeholder expectations regarding compliance programs.
- Proficiency in learning new computer systems.
- Ability to collaborate with people across the enterprise to achieve consensus on regulatory risk issues and appropriate mitigation.
- Experience in developing and delivering compliance communications to business unit and support function personnel.