MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Project Manager IV - Compliance Group
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
- Growth Mindset
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
“In Compliance, we strive to make enhancements daily. Therefore, attending meetings with other colleagues and the Head of Compliance to discuss enhancements and solutions is a very important part of the day.
Working alongside some amazing colleagues here at MoneyGram has encouraged me to work harder. I do not just work within my job duties. My daily goal is to do more than the minimum. How can I maximize this day? Having that mind set has helped my career, I have been promoted to Supervisor of the very team in which I started as Compliance Officer II.”Krystall Smith
MoneyGram’s Compliance Program
MoneyGram works diligently to prevent its systems from being used to perpetrate any unlawful activity. We are committed to protecting our customers and preventing the use of our products or services by anyone for money laundering, fraudulent purposes, scams, terrorist financing, OFAC, other watch list or sanctions violations, and other illicit behavior.
Learn More >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Project Manager IV is responsible for the design, development and implementation of projects. The Project Manager IV provides tactical management of the project execution as defined in applicable project or program plan. The incumbent ensures project deliverables meet or exceed stakeholder expectations and corporate quality requirements, are produced on time and are within budget. The incumbent is also expected to manage and lead multiple complex projects concurrently as assigned. Further, the Project Manager IV will act as the subject matter expert (SME) providing coaching, guidance and mentoring to other team members supporting project initiatives.
- Manages activities associated with a project, ensuring that business solutions are delivered on time, within budget, and meet corporate standards.
- Creates, revises and maintains project and resource plans, as well as schedules and budgets required to meet project requirements.
- Communicates effectively and consistently with all project team members.
- Escalates issues quickly and appropriately to appropriate designee.
- Ensures successful deployment of product/service, including internal implementation and business readiness activities for external launch.
- Actively manages and leads project teams to execute projects, demonstrating sound judgment, critical thinking skills, leadership and a sense of urgency.
- Initiates and actively facilitates team meetings and issue resolution involving the right parties to resolve problems.
- Effectively manages team to complete projects, including coaching, delegating, providing feedback and resolving conflicts and problems.
- Fosters a team environment of shared ownership in the execution of the project.
- Ensures adherence to standard project time reporting, quality practices and audit compliance.
- Analyzes and communicates project or program status using standard and specific project management analysis techniques for budget and schedule variance.
- Maintains and keeps up to date all project relevant budget, schedule, and resource information.
- Ensures the completion of standard project communications and deliverables such as project charters, issue logs, risk management and implementation plans.
- Analyzes current and new project management processes and procedures to identify the most efficient and inexpensive ways to complete projects to meet the business and stakeholder objectives.
- Participates in either formal or informal education on project management practices at MGI and in the industry.
- Establishes and maintains a strong partnership with internal customers to fully understand the business and their business needs.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to improve organizational effectiveness and customer service, reduce costs and provide a competitive advantage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Project Management certification, preferred
- 7+ years' documentable project management experience.
- Proven project management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to gather and interpret customer/end-user requirements.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships across business lines and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage change and priorities and coordinate/realign project resources as necessary.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to facilitate identification and resolution of project risks and issues.
- Ability to create process flows/instruction manuals; end user training tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to create ad-hoc reports/queries to support internal and external customers.
- Strong mentor and leadership qualities.
- Knowledge of SQL and Tableau - database, preferred.
- Accounting/financial analysis experience, preferred.
- Money laundering/anti-fraud compliance or risk management experience.
- Experience in any of the following areas: AML Compliance Technology, fraud detection/prevention technology, Bank Secrecy Act or anti-money laundering compliance, FATF guidance, preferred.